VA Transport- Driver Class 1
Under the supervision of the Dispatcher, the driver at VA is responsible, resourceful, rigorous, attentive and conducts himself/herself as a professional. In addition, he/she operates the LCV with caution and courtesy.
- Make local deliveries (Return to terminal every day or two);
- Drive a semi-trailer truck safely on local roads.
- Handle merchandise when loading or unloading the trailer;
- Demonstrate courtesy on the road and to our customers;
- Collect payments, if any, and remit them to the responsible persons;
- Perform pre-trip verification;
- Apply the various policies, work procedures, laws and regulations;
- Completing transportation documents properly;
- Any other related duties.
- Class 1 license, FM endorsement;
- Minimum experience: DEP or six months of relevant experience;
- Must be comfortable speaking French and English;
- Be able to make physical effort;
- Good driving record;
- Courtesy behind the wheel/conscientiousness/daredevil/safe driving.
We offer :
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life Insurance